Wednesday 2 June 2010

Dancing

I no longer have much of a hold on dates. I know it is June now but times and days and months do not feature so much anymore; I am regulated by metro journeys to writing classes, by the hunger for a fuul sandwich, by sweat and showers punctuating the hours. So.. the days are full of words and people; the house is a chatter of poets and dance and I am becoming OCD about home improvements. I have plans. Big plans. I am going to create a sitting area on the back balcony which is currently where the rubbish goes and is overlooked; I'll paint the doors pink, put plants there and light curtains and a table and chairs.. if I ever find any tables and chairs at a reasonable price. I just want someone to do everything for me. I hate sourcing mundane items.. yet I want them. I am also going to create a soft low sitting area by the big windows in the studio space and move the table to another part of the room. And if the price is right I might even get the lower windows there changed so that they create a floor to ceiling open space. I also might have to get a new double mattress in the second guest bedroom as Marte is seemingly sleeping in a scooped hollow :-)

Writing classes are going well and it is a joy to see and read students' work soaring, expanding and becoming coloured with expression.

Tomorrow and Friday I have the poetry readings with Seni, Amira, Marwa and Salem.. I still haven't had time to select the work I will read.. that is my mission for tonight..

For now I am dancing to Madonna and wondering what to eat :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment