Monday 21 June 2010

Hipsters, Balconies and Bean Bags

Ohhhh the heat!!! It's into 45 degrees here and sometimes more and the aircon seems to flatten out to a 'just maintaining' level and blink red after a few hours and leaving the living room to get a drink and come back results in coverings of sweat. Ahhh, still it must be flushing the zillions of Cairo toxins out :-)

Yesterday I reached a point in my sofa placed repose where i couldn't imagine leaving the house again. Luckily a few hours later Aikaterina and I met Marros and saw some fantastic dance (Egyptian Modern Dance Festival til 5th July) then we went on to the last night of the Refugee Film Festival at Darb 1718 and saw a great reggae band from Sudan.

The Nile Belly Dance Festival is now over and Marte has a little bit more free time for her various other dance related projects.

I now have 3 writing classes per week which means I also have a bit more time (in theory) and I have decided that I want to start training in some physical theatre/dance and fuse my poetry with that medium.. so I will be looking for a teacher.

The balcony is taking shape and young hipster Ramy is understanding my liking for colour and slapping on the pink and orange. By the end of the week it should be finished and I can have a gin and tonic sat out on my petit terrace :-)

Aikaterina is nearly a week into her stay and is getting into it all famously whilst wearing a lovely Sudanese dress she got last night :-)

Off to Maadi now to teach class and try to find bean bags and rag rugs on the way back!

No comments:

Post a Comment