Tuesday 8 June 2010

Golden Leaves

As the summer heats up I have gone into imbuing the solar power with some Apollonian gold leaves dressing my bathroom and I also have a welcoming bunch of plastic flowers outside my flat door with little Birds of Paradise popping up and around. Yes, I am Queen of Kitsch - or on the way..

Last week was busy with a full house and two gigs; both of which went well and it was lovely to share the line up with such good writers.

The courses at Diwan have been coming to their end sessions but I am starting a new one next week as well as a short story course soon. I am also currently editing for a new travel newspaper.

Amira is having a leaving do (she will return to America after 6 months here) on a hotel roof tomorrow and then I will be having another goodbye session the night after as my dear friend Sherif is soon to be leaving for Italy for a 6 months stay. Other than this I am teaching writing class, arranging balconies, playing downtown and having a few gin and tonics but right now I think I need to go find my bawab and sort out this temperamental air conditioning!

No comments:

Post a Comment