Sunday 23 May 2010

days daze

I haven't posted for a while. Things have been so busy! I am now running 5 courses a week and also have private students and I have been making the most of my two days off. I can't even remember Thursday... oh yes I can.. WOW.. fantastic Sudanese gig down at MAKAN. I was totally swept away by the drums and had a whole lustful story going on with the sexy dancer drummer boy.. I might get him to play at my next gig.. and I decided I had to go down into Africa.. I thought about Ethiopia; the promised land and all that. It just felt like there was so much joy and freedom at that gig. And I ended up being asked up to dance by the two belly dancers as I was obviously getting into my thing sat on the chair.. my trousers nearly fell down.. but not quite :-) Then on Friday I went to my dear friend Lorna's and we hung out then we met some other girls and went on a felluca down the Nile and drank white wine as the sun set. After that Dalia invited us to her place which turned out to be this luxurious pad overlooking the Nile and we got pretty drunk. Her husband Claus suggested we went downtown and we ended up in this mad little belly dancing cabaret bar called Kings. It was the real low end of the spectrum with prostitutes and even a transvestite dancer at the end of the night but it was fabulous. Other than that I've been teaching class and doing admin for ARC and my project which I hope is going to be picked up by some organisations (to work with Egyptian women on creating text and merging it with film and image). I have good days and difficult days. I have times where I feel thoroughly in control and independent and times where I feel a lot of sorrow and pain at the end of my relationship and how it ended (so coldly and now is nothing). But I have good friends and good things happening. And yes.. two more gigs!!! 3rd and 4th June. I will post links soon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment