Wednesday 28 July 2010

Soya Paradiso & Shores of Stories

Dear Everyone

the last weeks feel like I've been in another timezone and planet. It's been a whirl, a flurry, a magnoona this and that; courses, admin, organising, liasing, full moons, ex lovers, 40 degree heat, iron deficiency, parties, slowing down to a zero and then having to pull it all together... Oh but here I still am!

The last weeks I have admitted several things about myself as I am now..

- I am becoming astonishingly and most probably annoyingly inconclusive.
- I am unable to get up much before 1pm. When I do, I feel ill or mental.
- I oftentimes don't call people when I say I will or arrange appointments and then cancel them. (One of my exes proudly says this shows I am now Egyptian - he is himself)
- I am incredibly lazy. Even when I can just get in a cab that will be outside my house and taken to my destination.. I have been preferring to stay home.
- However when it comes to anything to do with writing; be it my own or sorting or tutoring courses; I'm on it! Elhamdulilah!

So anyway... the cold that I had for last 4 days and that I was taking mega Vit C doses for.. seemed to get blasted away today by two strong coffees with sugar and I think I'm still buzzing - or it's a fever.. And tomorrow I will get up at 10am (ugggggh)and take a car to Sobek Lodge, Fayoum and sort out business and indulge in pleasure. Then I will come back and head to Dahab.. after dithering about this for the last 4 weeks.. I will do it. I will. I will.

Some friends want me to go with them to Ras Sudr but I dont think I can fit that in.. oasis, beaches, desert..

What else is happening??? Artwise... Akaterina left, Marte is still here, there are several unconfirmed bookings from various interesting sounding artists in next months, I am running a short story course, a monologue course (that will progress to staged production) and a novel writing workshop.. and oh an astrodrama course too.. I feel like making a mirror mosaic down at Sobek (have never made one before).. I wrote an article for Al Dustour paper which I will post here when it has been edited.. or I'll post the unedited version (might be better!).

Now I need to eat and oh.. praise be to the Vegan Gods.. I finally have sourced soya products: soya meat, soya cheese and soya ice cream!!!! I havent yet been to this paradise but I will make myself get out of the house in daytime hours and go there next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment