Wednesday 31 March 2010

New Eras or at Least Intermediary Times

Ya habibi has gone.. for two months he will be out of Cairo and we said goodbye only half an hour ago. I have never been in this city when he is not here. It feels strange. I will miss him very much and who is going to do all my translation and handyman jobs!!!! :-)) But I have a huge bunch of great girlfriends to get stronger with and go explore this place and have parties (as I've discovered the studio is a fabulous place to dance) :-))

Sooooo.. ArtHome news.. Theopisti has landed an exhibition at Darb 1718 in April!!!! Mabrook Theopisti!!! I introduced her there and Moataz liked her work and thought it would fit in with an upcoming show. Her and her husband, Sheridan, have gone to Alexandria for two days now and I am musing as to whether to go to the oasis.. hmmmmm.. Other than this there will be a Japanese writer, Azumi, coming to stay in April and inbetween artists I will be scoring more funky bedsheets, household plants and fairy lights :-)

I met Hamdy Reda from Artellewa a few days ago. Amira (Hanafi - artist who stayed weeks ago) brought him round and we had a great chat. I'll go over there in a few days with Theopisti; maybe she'll get another show! Maybe I will! But it was good to talk with Hamdy about the residency as he is experienced in the arts and venues (having one of his own)and I left the conversation feeling that expansion for ArtHome at ARC is definitely available. There are some days where it just feels a bit scary as one watches the money going out and not that much coming back in.. but then I'll get more writing students or an artist will book in to stay and an equilibrium is found once more.

Mashy... I best get my pink lipstick on and get in a cab to Lorna's! Girls' afternoon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment