Thursday 18 February 2010

Miso Quest

I am exhausted!

Today I had to get up early (for Cairo) and be out of the house by 11am as I had a meeting about a forthcoming performance poetry show and workshops at Darb 1718. I walked in the heat desiring water but never stopping to buy any; I just went through the whole procedure in my head but didn't seem able to stop and do it in reality. Then on arrival at Darb, after two metro journeys, I needed things.. 'I need fool' I said, 'and tameya' and then I glugged a load of water which is supposed to be the wrong thing to do when you are dehydrated but I'm not really a sipper. Anyway, all was well and the performance will be soon; dates to be decided. Then I went downtown and did a few more posters (for my Creative Writing course); taking advantage of an emergency situation at Diwan which required the guard to help a man with a bad leg; I put my poster up quicksharp then left (sometimes they dont like people putting posters up). Then hurray hurray halleluijah.. Alfa Market were stocking tofu today!!!! It shone on its shelf; a divine message of vegan love. Then one of my friends told me about miso being available in Mohandeseen in a MACROBIOTIC shop... 'What???' I said, 'There is a macrobiotic shop in Mohandeseen?' 'Yes,' she said. Soooo... I am just back now from a sweaty quest to get miso.. it involved quite a hunt, but then there it was, the shop of delight.. and it was closed..

No comments:

Post a Comment