Monday 15 February 2010

I am Beinning to Hate White Taxis

Yes.. I am. Maybe something has suddenly changed with white taxis in this city or my perception of money has altered but every white cab I get recently goes a stupid and very long way round in a way that baffles me.. it's like they throw the blanket of illusion over my eshta face and then suddenly I wake up and realise the road I want to be on is henak!! And I am hena!! For those not in the know; white and yellow cabs here have meters whilst in black and white ones you just give them what you know the fare is supposed to be.. you give it through the window and walk away.. before they have chance to start pretending it's meant to be more. Oh, the charades are many!!

Anyway.. I settled myself with some tameya after that irritating ride and am now ready to start smoking again.. I am trying to stop.. but in Cairo it feels almost homoeopathic and a duty.

This isn't starting at the beginning.. I will begin very soon..

And should I provide a translation of those limited Egyptian words or let you find them out for yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment